When someone is dependent on you, and they are getting sicker, I imagine it would be hard not to feel obliged to facilitate healthcare for them.
Applying Freedom absolutly depends on being in a position to step outside yourself and to be the example others look to. Often you may not feel like it but its important to stetch to where you can be charitable and nieghborly. To make it easier every single person has to be fit to give themselves the biggest measure of reserve possible to face the challanges of the day.
For many without a sound faith in their own abilities its an impossible task. To change from one set of circumstances to another people always have to make a personal investment. Its enormously helpful to have those personal examples to look to.
“People don’t resist change; they resist being changed” —the late mgmt consultant Peter Scholtes
I think that starts with striving to have a fundamental understanding of your own health and health factors. Not just nodding along at the doctor and knocking back whatever pills they prescribe. The problem is this country is being poisoned by a culture of apathy.
My take is that many Americans are ill because of a poorly understood diet. Few have any resources in their personal lives to teach them any other way of ‘being’ or even how to ask the questions needed to get out of the mental box they are in. The dangerous things about the medical ‘standard of care’ is that it blinds people that their could be anything worth questioning.
I question why not investigate the following…
-Things like strains of heirloom veggies being narrowed from 345+ local varieties to 3 commercially grown GMO infused varieties being the only ones avalaible
- Why do we encourage a grains heavy diet for people with already heavy in takes of sugar, besides insulin being a vasular stressor the problems from too much yeast (which loves sugar) are hardly talked about.
- What are the real stats for ‘gut inflammation’ (scarring) and the damage it causes. I hear 1 in 100 ( I think along the lines of fudged unemployment where its likely as low as 1 in 30)
- How exactly does being allergic to wheat break the bodies fundamental abilities to absorb nutrients (especially B12)
- Why are we so lacking in fermented foods found in so many other cultures which are useful to acclimate people to their local climate of beneficial microbes (things like Kombucha or Sour-kraut)
- The purpose of the Appendix is a mystery to modern medicine, why? One theory for the Appendix is that beneficial microbes hide out there when the gut floor gets wiped out by bout of dysentery.
- Apple Cider vinegar is considered a miracle supplement, why? Maybe something to do with helping the bodies B12 absorption..
- Why is a low fat diet so common when most veggies have little or no nutritional value without also being accompanied by some fat? ie.. fat solutabile vitamins and minerals.
- Why are so many allergies presenting? Perhaps, coming back to the wheat thing again, most people like start off not allergic to most things but perhaps only a single item, but exposed at a very young age that damages their gut to the point that the inflammation reacts to the big 8 (Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Dairy, Treenuts, Peanuts, Shellfish, and Fish) and likely some others.
- Why are most foods fortified with Folate and Vitamin C (Absorbic acid) derived from possible food allergens from many people- Why not cook from whole ingredients when food allergens for many are infused into almost every prepackaged food.
All of this is just works for my family. We are trusting our own judgement based on some sound investigation. It wasn’t easy personally, but I had someone to help me out. I think that’s missing for a lot of people, the standard of care in the medical community will not utter a word about it. I had to be taught all of this, but I was taught by example. From someone who was very intuitive and did not usually listen to common ‘wisdom’
Sam, our newborn has grown in length phenomenally and is off the charts for the docs. My take is that he is lucky to have a momma with a good intuition not to eat some things that she knows she has problems with, even some things she was ok with but that Sam seems to get fussy about. By being mindful about them Samuel can spend less time coping and more time growing.
For some extra Reading I would recommend:http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente…ns/vitaminB12/ (insightful on Homocystines, stomach PH, and cholesterol) http://www.amazon.com/Could-Be-B12-Epidemic-Misdiagnoses/dp/1884956467